Bridge Mills Galway Language Centre is a family-run adult English language school, established in 1987. Our school is located in a beautiful, renovated 18th century mill overlooking the River Corrib in the centre of Galway City, the cultural capital of the West Coast of Ireland.
In this friendly and vibrant atmosphere, you will study English with our team of experienced senior teachers. We have a wide range of courses, including:
- General English – Full-time & Part-time
- Cambridge Examination Preparation (all levels)
- TOEIC, TOEFL & IELTS Preparation
- English for Business & Professional Use
- English for Specialist Subjects
- Part-time Courses
- TEFL Teacher Training Courses
We can offer host family accommodation where you will live as a guest with an Irish family. Getting to know Irish culture and way of life will be an enriching part of your English language experience here in Galway.
Our school is accredited by many different organisations including MEI, ACELS (Irish Department of Education), Quality English, Cambridge Examinations, ALTO and Eaquals.
Quality is an important aspect to everything we do and as a member of Eaquals our Quality is assured. We strive to do our best and meet the standards of quality set by Eaquals (https://www.eaquals.org)
EAQUALS – aims
- To improve the experience of language learners by developing quality standards for the teaching of modern languages
- To deliver accreditation against these standards for providers of language education
- To develop practical resources, and offer training and support for those working in the field of modern languages
Eaquals – Values
- To serve the interests of language learners worldwide
- To promote all languages and cultures
- To foster international cooperation and understanding
- To encourage personal and professional development
- To uphold openness and transparency
- To support fair dealing and professional service
ELE CONFERENCE 2018
Following on from our 30th Birthday conference last year Bridge Mills Galway Language Centre is going to hold another ELE conference event on 19 May 2018 at the Harbour Hotel Galway sponsored by National Geographic Learning. Time 09.30-15.30
- John Hughes – ELT Author – National Geographic Learning
Make critical thinking an everyday part of your teacher toolkit
John Hughes is an award-winning ELT author with over 30 titles including course books for students and methodology resources for teachers. His books for National Geographic Learning include Life, Spotlight on First, Practical Grammar, Success with BEC Vantage and Total Business. In his 25-year career, he has taught students from all over the world and has managed departments of Business English and Teacher Training and has lectured on ELT
materials writing and critical thinking at Oxford University
- Thom Kiddle – Director Nile Training Norwich U.K.
Professional Development Through Student Progress
Thom is Director at Norwich Institute for Language Education (NILE) and has been a teacher, trainer and manager in Portugal, Australia, Thailand and Chile before returning to the UK. His professional interests are technology in learning, teaching and assessment, and teacher training.
- Jo Watson – Eaquals Sponsored Speaker
Providing feedback and Correction techniques
Joanna (Jo) has been involved in English Language teaching since 1989. She has taught in Kuwait, the UK, Bahrain, Sharjah, Dubai, Oman and Switzerland.
Jo has worked as a part time teacher, a senior teacher, a Director of Studies, a centre manager, an Academic Manager, a teacher trainer (CELTA and DELTA OC), an IH Visitor, an EAQUALS inspector and Director EAQUALS Accreditation and Consultancy Services. Jo helped to develop EAQUALS online Inspector Training and is also involved in inspector training.
Since November 2012 Jo has been working a freelance consultant and teacher trainer and in April 2013 she was elected onto the EAQUALS Board as a trustee.
TEDtalks 3 x 15 minute sessions – Bridge Mills Galway Language Centre Staff
- Ciara Ni Eochaidh – ELE Teacher- Reflective Teaching – Raising Awareness
- Mairead O Connor – Teacher Trainer – Dealing with awkward classroom situations
- Cathy Peck – Managing Director Zoogle Training – Using critical incident frameworks to respond to intercultural challenges in the classroom
|Coffee Break||sponsored by O Driscoll O Neill Insurance|
|Lunch Break||sponsored by Zoogle Education – CPD at your fingertip|
|Conference Main Sponsor||National Geographic Learning|
For more details and registration for the 2018 event please contact:
Bridge Mills Galway Language Centre
The Bridge Mills
Galway H91 R1WF
30th Birthday Celebrations 2017
This free one day training event helped celebrate 30 years of teaching and training. Our event was a training workshop for teachers which linked to CPD development for in service teachers or those in training. The event was free for all to attend in Galway and included Lunch, coffee breaks etc. hosted at the Radisson Hotel in Galway. All talks were in plenary with feedback / self-reflection sessions following each talk.
Conference registration sponsored by Cambridge English Language Assessment
- Jo Gakonga – Teacher / Teacher Trainer -Cambridge English Language Assessment
- Tim Goodier – Head of Academic Development -Eurocentres
- Carole Robinson – Senior Trainer – Norwich Institute for Language Education
- TEDtalks (Bridge Mills)- 3 x 15 minutes sessions Julie Cuttance Teacher trainer, Gary Gallagher Videographer, John Doherty Teacher – Bridge Mills Galway Language Centre
Morning Coffee break sponsored by Study and Protect by O’Driscoll O’Neil www.odon.ie
Transport discount for bus tickets booked to our event sponsored by GoBus. Log onto on to www.gobus.ie .
Phone: 00353 91 566468