We are back teaching online from 22/10/2020
Due to Government Level 5 restrictions we have to close our doors again, for face to face lessons, and return to online teaching, until further notice
- Our office remains open 08.30-13.00 Monday to Friday for student support while classes are online
- All our classes are online each day following their regular timetable
- If you wish to join our online classes you can do so on any Monday – Special Offers available now
- We can be contacted by email – firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +353 91 566468 Mob: +353 83 345 4142
We offer a social programme to all our students and we have adapted it to our new circumstances – Contact us for a detailed programme – All welcome
|Date||Activity||What to do?|
|Exercise Day||Follow the set of exercises we give you and keep your body as healthy as possible! Let us see how you are doing by posting a video of you exercising!
|Tuesday|| Game’s Day
||Let’s all get together and play online of course. Challenge your friends to a match and decide once and for all who is the Quiz Master. Contact us for more!|
|Wednesday||TV Party||It is time to enjoy nature again and watch a programme together. Get the popcorn ready and let us know your thoughts on our WhatsApp group!|
|Reading Day||Come join our book club. Let us know your thoughts through our FB Messenger.|
|Culture Day||Take a virtual museum tour with us each week. We hope you enjoy it. Happy weekend!|
A reminder of what happened
07 September 2020
We were very happy to reopen and welcome everyone back. Classrooms were organised at safe socially distance spacings, and Faile Ireland approved our Covid-19 policies with their Safety Charter.
04 August 2020
We announced that we are reopening for Face to Face classes on Monday 07 September – All students must wear face coverings.
17 July 2020
Further Temporary Extension of Immigration Permissions
The Minister for Justice and Equality, Helen McEntee TD, has announced that immigration permissions, due to expire between 20 July and 20 August 2020, will be automatically extended for one month.
03 July 2020
The Department of Justice have asked us to remind ILEP students, who have re-enrolled on courses with us, that they are obliged to re-register with GNIB.
See further INIS updates here – http://www.inis.gov.ie/
20 April 2020
Where a college is physically closed and no courses are being provided, then students will be considered to have met their attendance requirement during the college closure. This is a pragmatic move to ensure no student is unfairly penalised for non-attendance outside their control. However, where a college is providing courses online, then students are expected to complete same.
22 March 2020
The Covid-19 outbreak is a rapidly evolving situation and the welfare of all students is a priority for the Department of Education and Skills. This is especially the case for those students from overseas who have travelled to Ireland to study English and who may be particularly vulnerable at this time.
The Department has issued guidance for all students in this sector, which is available here. This guidance is available in multiple languages (see below) and distributed through the English language providers to their students using relevant channels.
12 March 2020
An announcement was made this morning by the Taoiseach Leo Varadkar TD of the closure of schools, pre-schools and further and higher education settings, for a period, to support efforts to contain the spread of Covid-19. This will take effect from 6pm this evening, Thursday 12 March. This is in line with the advice of the National Public Health Emergency Team.
Bridge Mills Galway Language Centre is a family-run adult English language school, established in 1987. Our school is located in a beautiful, renovated 18th century mill overlooking the River Corrib in the centre of Galway City, the cultural capital of the West Coast of Ireland.
In this friendly and vibrant atmosphere, you will study English with our team of experienced senior teachers. We have a wide range of courses, including:
- General English – Full-time & Part-time
- Cambridge Examination Preparation (all levels)
- TOEIC, TOEFL & IELTS Preparation
- English for Business & Professional Use
- English for Specialist Subjects
- Part-time Courses
- TEFL Teacher Training Courses
We can offer host family accommodation where you will live as a guest with an Irish family. Getting to know Irish culture and way of life will be an enriching part of your English language experience here in Galway.
Our school is accredited by many different organisations including MEI, ACELS (Irish Department of Education), Quality English, Cambridge Examinations, ALTO and Eaquals.
Quality is an important aspect to everything we do and as a member of Eaquals our Quality is assured. We strive to do our best and meet the standards of quality set by Eaquals (https://www.eaquals.org)
EAQUALS – aims
- To improve the experience of language learners by developing quality standards for the teaching of modern languages
- To deliver accreditation against these standards for providers of language education
- To develop practical resources, and offer training and support for those working in the field of modern languages
Eaquals – Values
- To serve the interests of language learners worldwide
- To promote all languages and cultures
- To foster international cooperation and understanding
- To encourage personal and professional development
- To uphold openness and transparency
To support fair dealing and professional service